We (Kelkoo) take the privacy rights of users of the Website (http://kelkoo.co.uk) very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHO ARE WE?
Any Personal Information you provide to us is held by Kelkoo.com (UK) Limited, a company registered in the UK with company number 3844739. We are a registered data controller with number Z8300255.
“Personal Information” means any information about you which is personally identifiable which may include (but might not be limited to) your name, age, gender, location, telephone number, email address, IP address, financial details and any other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us or otherwise via the Website at any time.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect and process Personal Information when:
• You view or buy a product or service from a merchant listing its offers on our Website or through one of our partners;
• You make a complaint or enquiry or provide feedback to us; or• You provide Account Information when you register or sign in to your user account with us in order to use certain services such as the Kelkoo Newsletter, User Reviews or when you enter into any competition, promotion, prize draw or survey on the Website
• You disclose Personal Information to us at any point.
• We will indicate where the provision of Personal Information is optional. If you choose not to provide such Personal Information you may find that some services or use of features of the Website are unavailable to you.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
• To help us understand what products you have viewed or purchased through the Website in order to provide a better and more personalised service to you including advising of and offering products, services, content and special offers;
• To analyse use of the Website and those of our merchants and partners including user demographics, interest and behaviour to optimise the services we offer;
• To allow you to participate in certain services such as Kelkoo Newsletter, User Reviews or any competition, promotion, prize draw or survey on the Website or to inform you of changes to any of these services;
• To process registration and maintain the use of account you may have with us
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may pass on your Personal Information to other parties as follows:
• To select and trusted third parties who may use your Personal Information to serve you content (including advertising content) that may be of interest to you;
• To business partners to assist us in providing our Website and any related services to you. Such business partners are required to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Information and, unless you are otherwise advised, do not have any rights to use Personal Information that we provide to them for any purpose beyond what is necessary to assist us;
• Some aggregated information about the Website users, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters to reputable third parties but these details will not include any information personally identifying you;
• To any member of the Kelkoo group; and
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
HOW DO YOU EDIT AND DELETE YOUR INFORMATION?
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We only hold Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above in the paragraph headed “How do we use Personal Information?”
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We employ all industry standard practices and have strict security procedures covering the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with relevant European data protection laws. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our or our business partners’ secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
WHERE DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. If you would like to receive a copy of your Personal Information held by us, please write to us at Legal Department, Kelkoo.com (UK) Limited. We may charge you a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of your Personal Information which we hold.
POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREAS
A publicly accessible area of the Website is any area that is accessible by the general public and may be indexed by search engines. You are solely responsible for any Personal Information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas. You should never disclose Personal Information relating to any other person without their express consent.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any of Personal Information to these websites.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?